Breasts are such a personal and emotional topic, yet somehow Dr. Weiglein understands.
In our culture, full curvy breasts and feminine beauty go hand in hand. Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, the paintings of Botticelli – all demonstrate the allure of a woman’s breasts. It’s no surprise that many women want more ample breasts and the feelings of sensuality, attractiveness, and confidence that they bring. If you feel that Mother Nature could have been a little more generous, or if your breasts have lost their youthful volume, Dr. Weiglein specializes in breast augmentation (implants) in Burlington. Women from Hamilton, Oakville, London and other communities come to him for beautiful results, and the support and encouragement he has become known for.
To receive exclusive information from Dr. Weiglein himself, which will detail his personalized approach to breast augmentation, request a consultation or call Dr. Weiglein at (905) 634-5573 to schedule your appointment.
Enhancing Your Breasts
Breast enlargement can enhance your breast shape and size and give you the more proportional figure that you always wanted. Perhaps more importantly, it can enhance your self-esteem and confidence. That is why millions of women around the world have opted for breast augmentation over the past several decades.
Many women were happy with their breasts in the past but realize that time, pregnancy and weight gain or loss has altered their breasts. Some women are unhappy with their breasts because they are too small, or disappointed because the shape, size and position of their breasts is not what they want. Breasts shrink, sag and atrophy. Whatever the problem is, it can have a serious impact on a woman’s emotional wellbeing.
At Cosmedica, we understand the emotions attached to breast appearance, and we support you in your desire to enhance your breast size and shape.
There is only one way to increase the size of your breasts: breast augmentation – a safe procedure that satisfies a woman’s desire for a fuller bust line. You may benefit from breast enlargement if:
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too small
- Clothing that fits well at the hips is too loose at the bust line
- Weight loss has changed the size and shape of your breasts
- Pregnancy/breastfeeding has resulted in loss of breast volume
Dr. Otto Weiglein
Dr. Weiglein is a Royal College-certified plastic surgeon who blends his refined surgical talents with a deep appreciation for the human form and spirit to give you a personalized, rewarding cosmetic experience.Meet Dr. Weiglein
Breast Augmentation Choices
Now that you are considering breast augmentation there are basically four decisions to be made. Some you make, some are made by your surgeon and the rest are made by you and your surgeon.
Am I emotionally ready for the procedure?
Breast augmentation is an intensely personal, emotional decision, not a logical decision. Friends, spouses and partners may not be able to understand your desire for breast augmentation. They don’t share the emotional need for the procedure or the potential benefits. After doing over a thousand breast augmentations we have figured out that you don’t need counseling – you need “boobs.”
Feeling guilty or anxious about breast augmentation is quite normal but not surprisingly, no one feels this way after the procedure! Most of our patients have been thinking over the procedure for many years, deferring to financial, familial or marital reasons for repeatedly putting it off. Are those issues now resolved? Can you handle a complication? You will know when you are ready.
This is your decision to make.
What is the best implant choice for me?
This is a logical question best made by you and your surgeon. There is only one logical choice of implant type – cohesive gel implants are far superior to saline implants.
- They create the softest, most natural looking and feeling breasts
- Their “gummy bear” consistency allows for complete control over the height, width and projection of the implant
- They are extremely durable and have a much longer lifespan than saline implants which can ripple, fold, and rupture
For information about Natrelle® breast implants, visit www.natrelle.ca
For more information about Mentor® breast implants, visit www.mentorwwllc.com/canada
What is the best type of breast implant?
For more videos by Dr. Weiglein visit our media page.
What is the best size for me?
Since breast augmentation is an aesthetic procedure, you need to know, as closely as possible, what it will “look” like. That’s why our patient coordinator, Josie, will spend a lot of time with you explaining the profile options available. It is important to have realistic expectations and understand:
- There must be adequate existing breast tissue coverage; otherwise you may experience visible or palpable implant edges
- Implants do not come in “cup” sizes; they are sized by volume or weight
- For aesthetic reasons the most prominent point of projection must be behind the nipple
- Proportionality is a desirable outcome, but personal taste must be considered
What is the implant location for me?
This is basically a surgical decision based on your anatomy, specifically how much soft tissue padding you have in the upper chest and what the position of the breast is on the chest wall. There is no single best implant location; everyone is different. We want maximum coverage of the upper portion of the implant so that it cannot be seen or felt.
- If you are thin with little breast tissue, the implant is placed under the pectoralis major muscle (sub muscular)
- If you have more than 2.5 cm (1 inch) of padding in the upper chest and no significant breast sagging, the implant can be placed either under the muscle or directly under the breast tissue (sub glandular)
- If you have sagging breasts, you need to consider a breast lift with or without an implant
What to Expect
Dr. Weiglein performs breast augmentation in his accredited on-site surgical facility with general anaesthesia provided by board certified specialists. The procedure usually takes less than 1 hour to complete. For your safety and wellbeing, it’s important to have someone drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours after surgery.
Your breast area will most likely be sore for the first day or 2 after surgery, but it can easily be controlled with pain medication. It’s normal to feel some tightness in the breast area as your body adjusts to the implants. Our patients tell us that their discomfort is greatly diminished when they look in the mirror.
- You can move about freely after surgery. Wear a soft, supportive (non-underwire) bra at all times (except when showering) during the first 2 weeks.
- Moderate exercise such as walking or stationary bike is allowed after the first week.
- Avoid heavy lifting, vigorous exercise such as jogging or aerobics for 3 to 4 weeks.
- You will likely want to return to work within a few days but only if you avoid strenuous activity.
During recovery, the breasts are a little swollen. Within a few weeks, the actual shape and size will be evident. You may notice some asymmetry; however, most breasts are naturally somewhat asymmetrical.Back to Top