Treatment to Restore Facial Volume, Smooth Lines and Wrinkles
Do you find yourself looking in the mirror and seeing your mother’s or your father’s face? Are you tired of being told you look like you haven’t had enough rest or you look angry or sad, especially when you’re not? Fortunately, there’s a simple way to improve wrinkling and sagging and take years off your face. Quick injections of TEOSYAL® and other dermal fillers help our patients look as good as they feel. We have patients that come to us from Mississauga, Oakville, Hamilton, Ancaster and even as far as London, Niagara, and Markham. Once you meet our experienced nurse injectors you will fall in love with their magic and their skill and you’ll want to remain loyal for life. We truly have a unique, skilled team of artist injectors who listen and will make you look and feel better than you ever imagined.
At Cosmedica, Dr. Otto Weiglein and the rest of our team believe subtle changes make a big difference, and we customize each person’s injectable plan during a consultation to produce the best possible results in each unique case.
Read more below about treatment options, types of filler, and the option to combine your dermal filler with Sculptra or a wrinkle smoother like BOTOX or Nuceiva to complete your newly rejuvenated look.
Check out some of our featured before and after photos below. Visit our photo gallery to see more photos of real patients.
Dermal Fillers Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Good Candidates for Dermal Fillers
Everyone can benefit from facial fillers. When consulting with patients we discuss volume deflation as a result of aging. An analogy we often use is comparing a small child with full, beautiful cheeks to a grandparent in their 80s with a sunken, empty face with hanging skin folds. The child’s face reads happy and rested and the older grandparent’s face reads tired and sad.
It is completely normal to dislike aging. But as we tell our patients, looking ‘old’ is now optional. There are more fillers available now than ever before with so many safe simple techniques and solutions to give you an immediate natural beautiful outcome. Our team of highly skilled injectable nurses partners with you to help you achieve a more rested, happier, and confident look. We can also transform specific areas of concern such as the shape or size of your nose or lips if this is what you desire.
How Dermal Fillers Work
Starting in our 30s, we begin to lose volume in our mid-face, and expression lines and wrinkles increase and deepen. Our skin begins to descend and thin due to collagen loss, and we develop visible sagging in our jawline. This loss of volume makes us look tired. Repeated muscular contractions around the mouth and brows create deep lines, which sometimes can make us look angry. Dermal fillers are formulated specifically to relieve these concerns by restoring lost volume and filling wrinkles, making skin look firm, smooth and youthful. Because fillers aren’t permanent, we recommend establishing a treatment plan that includes regular appointments to maintain the results.
- Initial treatment: Dr. Weiglein and his team of nurses will assess the condition of your skin and listen to your concerns during your first visit to Cosmedica. Based on that consultation, they can create a long-term treatment plan, along with an at-home skincare regimen to extend your results as long as possible.
- Results: Results are noticed immediately. There may be minor swelling and bruising at the injection sites, which will likely completely subside in a few days. Scheduling a follow-up appointment at 2 weeks is important because it gives Dr. Weiglein and his team of nurses the opportunity to evaluate your results and provide touch-up injections if needed.
- Maintenance treatments: The results of filler injections can last between 3 to 18 months, depending on the location injected and the amount injected. Scheduling maintenance treatments can help you to continue looking naturally rested and youthful without any chance of diminished results.
Fillers are a safe, effective way to reduce signs of aging such as wrinkles, sunken cheeks, or a sagging chin. Made of a long-lasting gel, our filler options are all proven to restore definition, balance, and shape.
How Much Do Dermal Fillers Cost in Burlington, Ontario?
The price of dermal fillers at Cosmedica depends on where on your face the product is injected, as well as how much of the product is used. Let’s go through our pricing point-by-point.
For a new filler patient or one that doesn’t have any residual filler in their face:
- Treating the eye area typically costs around $2,000. You can expect results to last 2 years for this area.
- Treating the cheek area typically costs $1,300. You can expect results to last 1-2 years for this area.
- Treating the combined eye and cheek areas costs approximately $3,000, and is recommended for best results as the cheek acts as the foundation of the eye area. You can expect results to last 1-2 years for this area.
- Nasolabial folds, also known as smile lines, are treated for approximately $700. You can expect results to last upwards of a year for this area. Sometimes if you are treating your eyes and cheeks this area will lift automatically and require no extra product for this area.
- Treatments of the mouth area can vary widely. A mild to moderate correction costs approximately $2,000, a more severe correction costs approximately $2,950. You can expect results to last upwards of a year or longer for this area. We treat the lips as an add-on for $700, and they usually last 6-12 months.
- Treatment of the chin, costs approximately $700. You can expect results to last 1-2 years for this area.
We charge reduced prices for maintenance treatments. A single “maintenance syringe” costs $700, and the cost per syringe diminishes as the number of syringes used rises. A second syringe costs $650, with the cost gradually going down until the 12th syringe, which costs $400.
For a patient that already has filler injected:
- A customized treatment plan will be created for you according to your needs and budget. Please call 905-631-6288 to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Your Filler Options
For optimal results, we use a combination of treatments to restore volume loss in your mid-face and smooth away wrinkles and folds. Each person ages differently, so your combination of fillers will be chosen to suit your exact needs and budget.
At Cosmedica we use the TEOSYAL line of dermal filler injections. This filler line originated in Switzerland and is made using a resilient hyaluronic acid formulation that adapts to dynamic facial movements. What makes this line so unique and different is that it stretches with the skin with movement—allowing for a natural moving face. No more lumps, bumps, or frozen artificial looks! It also comes in several different formulas to target specific concerns, such as fine or deep wrinkles or lip volume:
- RHA 1: Used to fill superficial fine lines and wrinkles on the face, including vertical lip lines, forehead wrinkles, and neck bands, along with décolleté lines. Now we can treat these areas without any concern of lumps or bumps—it vanishes the lines instantaneously!
- RHA 2: Designed to fill moderate dynamic wrinkles. This medi spa product is also particularly great in smoothing out smile lines and enhancing the lips due to its natural feeling and stretching properties.
- RHA 3: Treats severe dynamic wrinkles, such as deeper nasolabial folds and shadows around the mouth and chin. It can also do a wonderful job at restoring volume in the cheeks, especially in younger patients that do not need a lot of volume.
- RHA 4: Fills and contours larger areas of the face, such as the cheeks and upper cheeks. It does a fantastic job at lifting and filling while providing a very natural moving cheek—very important when laughing, smiling, and talking! RHA 4 can also be used to correct prominent mouth folds and downward mouth corners. It works well with Ultra Deep to restore a youthful jawline.
- Redensity 2: The first injectable filler designed specifically to treat dark circles and deep hollows under the eyes, Redensity 2 is an excellent nonsurgical alternative to lower eyelid surgery. Treatments produce immediate results and create a more youthful appearance in a way that looks completely natural. We also offer Redensity [I] vitamin injections and Beauty Booster microneedling treatments, which nourish the skin with a proprietary blend of vitamins, nutrients, amino acids, antioxidants, and minerals.
- Ultra Deep: Teosyal Ultra Deep is a thicker, denser filler that restores volume and sculpts more defined features by mimicking bone, especially when used in the chin and along the jawline. It’s also excellent for deeper wrinkles and can last from 12 to 24 months. We encourage patients to schedule treatments every 6 to 9 months to maintain their results. These maintenance procedures involve less filler, leading to less downtime and lower cost per visit.
After careful consultation, Dr. Weiglein and one of our highly experienced nurse injectors will make recommendations about which procedures or products will work for you. Our treatment plan may also include injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic for fine lines around the eyes and brows, as well as chemical peels or laser treatments to treat the overall quality of your skin. Beauty Booster or PRP injections are also wonderful to renew the skin’s firmness, luminosity, and texture.
What to Expect
Our patients find injections of dermal fillers to be almost completely painless. Injections with one of our highly skilled nurse injectors can transform a complete face in under an hour. Unlike BOTOX Cosmetic, which takes effect over the course of 14 days, dermal fillers produce immediate results. After a day or 2 of slight redness, swelling, and bruising, you’ll see smoother skin and enhanced facial contours.
How to Maintain Results
To maintain your results for as long as possible, we also recommend a skincare regimen of high concentrations of active ingredients, including growth factors, retinol, and specialized enzymes to prevent and repair moderate skin damage at the cellular level. Dermal fillers are not permanent, however, so maintenance treatments are necessary to continue your results over the long term.
The result of dermal filler treatments is a rested, healthy-looking face. At Cosmedica, we believe that everyone deserves to rejuvenate their looks and their confidence without fear of feeling vain. When you look good, you feel good, and it’s been proven that younger, more vibrant-looking individuals are perceived more positively in the workplace and in social situations. Once you’ve met with Dr. Weiglein and the rest of his Cosmedica team, you’ll feel excited about trying these safe, innovative products. Once you see your younger face looking back at you in the mirror, you’ll wonder why you waited so long.
Dr. Otto Weiglein
Dr. Weiglein is a Royal College-certified plastic surgeon who blends his refined surgical talents with a deep appreciation for the human form and spirit to give you a personalized, rewarding cosmetic experience.Meet Dr. Weiglein
Combining Fillers With Wrinkle Smoother Injections Such as BOTOX® Cosmetic
Treatment plans created by Dr. Weiglein and his team of nurses often combine various fillers with wrinkle smoother injections for more comprehensive results. BOTOX and Nuceiva address fine lines around the eyes and brow, complementing the capabilities of fillers by addressing the wrinkles that develop from repeated facial expressions.
Combining Fillers With Sculptra® Cosmetic
Dr. Weiglein and his team of aesthetic experts can also create customized treatment plans combining dermal fillers with Sculptra injections.
Learn more about the benefits of Sculptra in the video below.
Superior Results Start With a Superior Injector
Chantal M. BA., RPN, MedEsth.
Chantal has a well-rounded background in the industry and a passion for helping her patients reach their cosmetic goals.
- Uses the latest and most advanced techniques
- Develops customized treatment plans
- Years of experience with injectables, lasers, and skin health
Becky C. RPN
Becky is talented and well rounded with 7 years of nonsurgical injectable and laser experience. Becky prides in delivering natural and lasting results with a combination of treatments and injectables.
- Thousands of filler and BOTOX injections
- Personalized care and results
Frequently Asked Questions
Are dermal fillers safe?
Dermal fillers are an effective and generally safe tool for replacing lost facial volume and contouring the face. Adverse reactions are rare, and you can minimize your risk by choosing an experienced, qualified nurse injector.
What if I don’t like the results?
Our most commonly used fillers, such as TEOSYAL, are made with hyaluronic acid, which can be dissolved with an injectable enzyme called hyaluronidase.
What happens to the filler when it wears off?
The ingredients used in fillers gradually break down and are absorbed by the body. They are filtered out of the body through its normal metabolic processes. Some fillers trigger collagen production, as well, for a longer-lasting effect. In those cases, the new collagen remains even as the filler goes away.
Will washing my face affect the results of a filler injection?
It’s wise to avoid scrubbing or massaging the treatment area the evening after having filler injections. Gently washing your face won’t compromise the results.
At what age should I start getting fillers?
Choosing when to start dermal fillers depends on your personal needs. Some people may decide to have cheek or lip injections to contour their faces as young adults, while others may wait until later in life when they begin seeing wrinkles or folds appear.
Which filler is the best for lip injections?
Because it creates natural-looking fullness and movement, we prefer TEOSYAL’s RHA 2 filler for lip augmentation. For filling in lines around the lips, RHA 1 is an excellent choice.
Are dermal fillers better than BOTOX?
Although they are both injectable products, dermal fillers and BOTOX address different types of aging, so one is not necessarily better than the other. Often, combining the two treatments provides more extensive rejuvenation than either can create on its own. This combination is sometimes called a liquid or nonsurgical facelift.
We can help you turn back the clock with just a few simple injections. Request a consultation or call Cosmedica at 905-631-6288 to see how small changes can make a big difference.Back to Top