It looks so natural that no one knows I had anything done.
Do you find yourself looking in the mirror and seeing your mother's face, or your father's? Are you tired of being told you look like you haven't had enough rest or you look angry or sad, especially when you're not? Fortunately, there's a simple way to improve wrinkling and sagging and take years off your face. Quick injections of dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM® help our Oakville, Burlington and Hamilton, Ontario, patients look as good as they feel.
At Cosmedica, Dr. Otto Weiglein and the rest of our team know that how you think about yourself will change the way you feel about yourself. We partner with you to help you look your best, so you can feel your best and give your best! We believe subtle changes make a big difference, and we customize each person's injectable plan during a consultation to produce the best possible results in each unique case.
Dr. Weiglein and our nurse injector specialist can help you turn back the clock with just a few simple injections. Request a consultationRequest a consultation or call Cosmedica at (905) 631-6288 to see how small changes can make a big difference.
JUVÉDERM® Before & After photos
Photos courtesy of Allergan
Good Candidates for Dermal Fillers
Women and men who are starting to see the early signs of aging come to Cosmedica for nonsurgical treatments, including strategically placed fillers. There are more fillers available than ever, and the expertise of Dr. Weiglein and his team of nurses enables them to recommend the best product for your specific needs. Patients who can benefit the most from fillers have skin that retains most of its elasticity, but who are concerned about wrinkles and lines caused by age-related volume loss.
How Dermal Fillers Work
Starting in our 30s, we begin to lose volume in our mid-faces, and expression lines and wrinkles increase and deepen. Our skin begins to descend and thin due to collagen loss, and we develop visible sagging in our jawline. This loss of volume makes us look tired. Repeated muscular contractions around the mouth and brows create deep lines, which sometimes can make us look angry. Dermal fillers are formulated specifically to relieve these concerns by restoring lost volume and filling wrinkles, making skin look firm, smooth, and youthful.
Because fillers aren't permanent, Dr. Weiglein recommends establishing a treatment plan that includes regular appointments to maintain the results:
- Initial treatment: Dr. Weiglein and his team of nurses will assess the condition of your skin and listen to your concerns during your first visit to Cosmedica. Based on that consultation, he can create a long-term treatment plan, along with an at-home skin care regimen to extend your results as long as possible.
- Results: Results are noticed immediately. There may be minor swelling and bruising at the injection sites, which will likely completely subside in a few days. Scheduling a follow-up appointment at 2 weeks is important, because it gives Dr. Weiglein and his team of nurses the opportunity to evaluate your results and provide touch-up injections if needed.
- Maintenance treatments: The results of filler injections can last between 3 to 18 months, depending on the location injected and the amount injected. Scheduling maintenance treatments can help you to continue looking naturally rested and youthful without any chance of diminished results.
Fillers are a safe, effective way to reduce signs of aging such as wrinkles, sunken cheeks, or a sagging chin. Made of a long-lasting gel, our filler options are all proven to restore definition, balance, and shape.
Your Filler Options
For optimal results, we use a combination of treatments to restore volume loss in your mid-face and smooth away wrinkles and folds. Each person ages differently, so your combination of fillers will be chosen to suit your exact needs and budget. Dr. Weiglein and our injection specialist will suggest one or more of the following products:
- JUVÉDERM®: This popular filler is made of a naturally occurring substance called hyaluronic acid, which helps keep skin hydrated and firm. JUVÉDERM® is well suited for both fine lines and deeper wrinkles, and we use it especially around the mouth. It can subtly add volume to thin or wrinkled lips, and it can fill in the nasolabial folds, sometimes called the "parentheses" running from the corners of the mouth to the nose. Results last about a year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™: This filler, made of a thicker formulation of hyaluronic acid gel, is approved to instantly add volume to the cheeks and chin that has been lost due to aging. Its thicker, more durable gel makes it appropriate for deeper injection in these areas of the face. Restoring volume to the chin and cheeks can refine a person's profile and provide a natural, "lifted" look. Results last up to 2 years.
- JUVÉDERM VOLIFT® XC: Also made with hyaluronic acid, this injectable filler is perfect for moderate to severe lines, including the nasolabial folds. Its proprietary crosslinking technology ensures smooth administration and soft, natural‐looking results. VOLIFT XC comes pre‐formulated with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to keep you comfortable for the duration of your treatment. Best of all, it's been demonstrated to create results that can last for up to 18 months — nearly twice as long as previous HA‐based fillers.
- TEOSYAL: This filler that originated in Switzerland is also made of hyaluronic acid. It comes in several different formulas to target specific concerns, such as fine or deep wrinkles or lip volume. TEOSYAL® Redensity I is a treatment to enhance your skin's luminosity and radiance. TEOSYAL injections can keep the skin hydrated and firm for about 18 months, and thereafter, smaller doses are needed to maintain results.
Reward Yourself With
You can save money on the treatments you already love through the Brilliant Distinctions program! When you get BOTOX COSMETIC®, JUVÉDERM®, LATISSE®, or other products, you earn points from Allergan, the manufacturer. Sign up online and start using your points for deep discounts on services or purchases from the Brilliant Distinctions Mall.Learn More
After a careful consultation, Dr. Weiglein and our nurse injector will make recommendations about which products will work for you. Our treatment plan may also include injections of BOTOX COSMETIC® for fine lines around the eyes and brow, as well as chemical peels or laser treatments the overall quality of your skin, or a MicroPen treatment to renew the skin's firmness, colour, and texture.
For more extensive rejuvenation, we may also recommend surgical procedures. Our goal is to find the options that work perfectly for your lifestyle.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® Before & After photos
Photos courtesy of Allergan
What to Expect
Our Burlington and Hamilton, Ontario, patients find injections of dermal fillers such JUVÉDERM® to be almost completely painless, because they come pre-mixed with anesthetic. Injections with our qualified specialist, whom we like to call a "nurse artist," take just a few minutes. Unlike BOTOX COSMETIC, which takes effect over the course of several days, dermal fillers produce immediate results. After a day or 2 of slight redness, swelling, and bruising, you'll see smoother skin and enhanced facial contours.
To maintain your results for as long as possible, we also recommend a skincare regimen of high concentrations of active ingredients including growth factors, retinol, and specialized enzymes to prevent and repair moderate skin damage at the cellular level.
The result of dermal filler treatments is a rested, healthy-looking face. At Cosmedica, we believe that everyone deserves to rejuvenate their looks and their confidence without fear of feeling vain. When you look good, you feel good, and it's been proven that younger, more vibrant-looking individuals are perceived more positively in the workplace and in social situations. Once you've met with Dr. Weiglein and the rest of his Cosmedica team, you'll feel excited about trying these safe, innovative products. Once you see your younger face looking back at you in the mirror, you'll wonder why you waited so long.
Dr. Otto Weiglein
Dr. Otto Weiglein sees your cosmetic experience as a time of excitement – not unease. With a focus on patient care and overall wellness, Dr. Weiglein balances aesthetic enhancement with comfort and personal attention.
Combining Fillers With BOTOX Cosmetic®
Treatment plans created by Dr. Weiglein and his team of nurses often combine various fillers with BOTOX injections for more comprehensive results. BOTOX addresses fine lines around the eyes and brow, complementing the capabilities of fillers by addressing the wrinkles that develop from repeated facial expressions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don't like the results?
Our most commonly used fillers, such as JUVÉDERM and TEOSYAL, are made with hyaluronic acid, which can be dissolved with an injectable enzyme called hyaluronidase.
What happens to the filler when it wears off?
The ingredients used in fillers gradually break down and are absorbed by the body. They are filtered out of the body through its normal metabolic processes. Some fillers trigger collagen production, as well, for a longer-lasting effect. In those cases, the new collagen remains even as the filler goes away.
Will washing my face affect the results of a filler injection?
It's wise to avoid scrubbing or massaging the treatment area the evening after having filler injections. Gently washing your face won't compromise the results.
|Breast Augmentation||Tummy Tuck||Facelift|
|Male Breast Reduction||Arm Lift||Eyelid Lift|