Our breast augmentation patients from the Hamilton metropolitan area often have questions about what they can do to make their experience as rewarding as possible. While our staff is committed to guiding and supporting you throughout your visit, there are a few things you can do (and avoid doing) to make your surgical journey especially positive.
In this post, we’ll share a few pointers for getting the most out of your breast augmentation experience.
- Share as much as possible about your goals and concerns during your consultation. Your consultation is the time to make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page about your procedure. Asking questions, describing your desired results (or bringing in photos), and being honest about what you’re looking for are great ways to set the stage for a successful and rewarding surgical experience.
- Research your options for implants, incisions, etc. Dr. Weiglein will provide all the information you’ll need at your first appointment, but it may help you feel more prepared and empowered to familiarize yourself a bit ahead of time. Keep in mind that Dr. Weiglein will have plenty of informed and experienced advice to offer. In some cases, he may even recommend a different or additional procedure, such as a breast lift with implants.
- Closely follow any guidelines we give you. Following instructions is key when it comes to achieving results that look as great as possible for as long as possible. Whether we advise you to prepare for your surgery in a certain way or avoid certain activities after your procedure, sticking to our instructions will help your body heal quickly, effectively, and attractively.
- Don’t get implants to make someone else happy. The decision to move forward with breast augmentation should be a choice you make for yourself and only yourself. Make sure pressure from an outside source isn’t influencing your decision. Take a second to evaluate your reasons for choosing plastic surgery and check that they’re healthy and focused around your own happiness.
- Don’t try to save money by skimping on safety. While lower prices offered by less qualified surgeons may be tempting, risking your safety to save money is never worth it. The same goes for working with surgeons who create less-than-impressive results. It may seem wise to opt for a lower price point now, but you’ll have to live with your results for years to come. A safe surgical experience and results you love are worth the investment.
- Don’t focus on replicating someone else’s body. While it’s helpful to draw inspiration from women around you, keep in mind that the look that suits you best may differ from the sizing you’ve seen on other people. Dr. Weiglein is committed to helping you choose the perfect size for your unique body and aesthetic goals.
To see examples of the results you can expect from breast augmentation here at Cosmedica, please visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you would like to learn more about your breast augmentation options in the Hamilton area, please contact us online or call our Burlington practice at (905) 634-5573.
Leave a Reply