Have you heard of a treatment called Coolsculpting? It is the most popular and effective FDA-approved procedure to treat fat cells and sculpt your body, eliminating those troublesome pockets of fat. As widely popular as CoolSculpting is, many people are still a little unsure of how to prepare for a CoolSculpting treatment.
In this post, we’ll explain how the treatment works, list the 5 things you should know before your appointment, and show you some of the excellent results our CoolSculpting patients enjoy.
How Does CoolSculpting Work?
To initiate the treatment we will position the device on the treatment area, which is usually an area of stubborn fat in the abdomen, love handles, double chin, legs, or arms. (You can learn more about the areas CoolSculpting can treat in our related blog post.) The device will then draw the bulge up between two cooling panels. The sensation is a firm pull and pressure—enough of a pull to ensure the selected tissue will be cooled most efficiently. An hour or so later, depending on your needs, you’re done. After CoolSculpting, the treated fat cells die and are flushed out of the body. As long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle, long-term results should remain stable.
Top 5 Things To Know Before Your CoolSculpting Treatment
- Make sure you’re a good candidate: CoolSculpting isn’t a weight loss procedure, and the men and women who see the best results are already at or near their ideal weight.
- Manage your expectations: The treatment is designed to target specific pockets of fat, but it won’t create six-pack abs. If you have more than a few small pockets of fat, you might achieve better results with liposuction or another body contouring surgery.
- It’s important to be patient: The process of freezing fat cells won’t produce overnight results. It will take 3 to 4 weeks before you begin to see results, and up to 12 weeks before you see the full results of your CoolSculpting treatments.
- Most people need more than 1 treatment session: You may need only a single treatment, but larger areas usually require at least 2 to 3 CoolSculpting sessions to get the desired outcome. This is something to discuss during your consultation.
- Long-term results depend on you: The best CoolSculpting candidates exercise regularly and follow a nutritious diet. It’s important to continue leading a healthy lifestyle to maintain your results. Healthline explains more about long-term results.
Before & After Pictures: See the Results
CoolSculpting results develop gradually as your body eliminates the frozen fat cells. You can see in our patients’ CoolSculpting before and after pictures, though, the wait is worth it.
Interested? We will be happy to sit down with you and customize a treatment plan according to your needs and budget. Use our online form to request a consultation or give us a call at 905-631-6288. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Leave a Reply